In the following instance, salt is deemed a seasoning.
Simple Chicken Wings
- 12 chicken wings
- 250 ml lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt (coarse if possible)
- Switch the oven to 220c
- Remove the tray(s) from the oven (that is, if you store stuff in there like a logical, space saving person)
- Quick Note: should the following steps take less than the recommended 10 minute pre-heating of the oven, there is further reading material in the epilogue below this recipe
- Take the wings from the fridge
- Apply whatever scrutiny or method you normally would to ready the wings for use
- FTR – i need to remove even the most miniscule trace of hair because each time I make wings, I recall the words, “it’s no big deal – the hairs will burn off during cooking”.
- Insert visions of Jim Carrey retching in Dumb and Dumber… better yet, click here to watch the 12 second scene
- Place the wings – single layer and devoid of hair – in a tray
- Sprinkle the salt over the wings
- Roast for about 25 minutes (maybe more) until the wings are brown
- In the meantime, stir the garlic through the lemon juice
- When chicken wings are brown, pour the garlic and lemon mixture evenly over the top
- Roast for another 20 minutes, and then…
On occasion, chicken wings invoke thoughts of ’90s commercials – click here.
On occasion, chicken wings invoke thoughts of whacky tv characters dancing – click here.
On occasion, chicken wings invoke thoughts of real people dancing – nothing to click here.
Instead, I wondered if you can identify the song that accompanies the ‘click-here-less’ dance?
Your clues are it’s weird lyrics (translated correctly from Italian to English) which I hope you enjoy whether you know the song or not.
The Duck Song
This is the Qua Qua Dance of a duck who only knows how to do the Qua Qua Qua (more Qua Qua Qua).
Mother Duck and Father Duck (with their hands) gesture Qua Qua Qua, and a feather’s already flying here and there.
The knees are bending a little, then the tail wags like that.
Clap your hands firmly and do the Qua Qua Qua.
With a jump, go higher in the air and with wings, return here.
What a wonderful proclamation the Qua Qua Qua is.
Take each other below the arms… the joy.
So long as there is courage, aboard the Qua Qua Qua.