In the following instance, salt is deemed a seasoning.
Simple Chicken Wings
- 12 chicken wings
- 250 ml lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt (coarse if possible)
- Switch the oven to 220c
- Remove the tray(s) from the oven (that is, if you store stuff in there like a logical, space saving person)
- Quick Note: should the following steps take less than the recommended 10 minute pre-heating of the oven, there is further reading material in the epilogue below to help fill in some time
- Take the wings from the fridge
- Apply whatever scrutiny or method you normally would to ready the wings for use
- FTR – i need to remove even the most miniscule trace of hair because each time I make wings, I recall the words, “it’s no big deal – the hairs will burn off during cooking”.
- Insert visions of Jim Carrey retching in Dumb and Dumber… better yet, click here to watch the 12 second scene
- Place the wings – single layer and devoid of hair – in a tray
- Sprinkle the salt over the wings
- Roast for about 25 minutes (maybe more) until the wings are brown
- In the meantime, stir the garlic through the lemon juice
- When chicken wings are brown, pour the garlic and lemon mixture evenly over the top
- Roast for another 20 minutes, and then…
- Tell yourself by the 2nd wing that you will DEFINITELY make these again
On occasion, chicken wings invoke thoughts of ’90s commercials – click here.
On occasion, chicken wings invoke thoughts of crazy tv characters dancing – click here.
On occasion, chicken wings invoke thoughts of real people dancing – nothing to click here – and I wonder if you can identify the song that accompanies the ‘click-here-less’ dance?
Your clues are it’s weird lyrics (translated correctly from Italian to English) and you probably know it, but not like this…
The Duck Song
This is the Qua Qua dance of a duck who only knows how to do the Qua Qua Qua
(More Qua Qua Qua)
Mother Duck and Father Duck (with their hands) gesture Qua Qua Qua
And a feather’s already flying here and there
The knees are bending a little, then the tail wags like that
Clap your hands firmly and do the Qua Qua Qua
With a jump, go higher in the air and with wings, return here
What a wonderful proclamation the Qua Qua Qua is
Take each other below the arms
So long as there is courage aboard the Qua Qua Qua