I see it like this: we need food to live (this not a revolutionary vision, i know), so for me, the joys of cooking for others is to know that I am giving them life… and a damn tasty one!
It will amaze you how something so simple can have so much flavour. Try it first and then decide what to serve it with. I’ve even mixed this with plain rice as an entire meal itself!
Chickpeas with Yoghurt
- small tin of chickpeas (drained)
- 150 grams of pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30 grams of butter
- greek yoghurt
- Place butter in fry pan with pine nuts until they just start browning
- Remove from heat and add garlic and chickpeas
- Stir together, and replace on heat just long enough to coat and warm the chickpeas
- Place in serving bowl
- Top with yoghurt
- Share with others
- Take note of who makes the biggest “mmmm” sound